Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Public Service Announcement: The Bachelorette Returns Next Monday

The Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise is my secret shame.  For years, I scorned the show and said it was too trashy/exploitative to watch.  Now... well... it's still too trashy/exploitative to watch, but I watch it anyway.  It's my guilty pleasure, and I love to hate it.

I went to college in New Hampshire, and most of my friends live on the other side of the country.  My two best friends from college were also my freshmen roommates.  (Housing assignments were random, but I really should send a thank you basket to the Office of Residential Life).  We've done a good job of staying in touch, but it's tough.  Email is free and quick but sometimes life is boring.  It's easy to write emails about vacations and wedding plans, but I hate writing emails about errands and my latest gym routine. 

Enter: The Bachelor Email Club.  My friends and I watch the show, and then we email about it all week.  If you watch The Bachelor, you always have something to email about!  Worst case scenario, the episode is boring - in which case, we can bitch about ABC for airing a lame episode. 

If you ever struggle to keep in touch with loved ones who live far away, I highly recommend a Trashy Television Email Club.  The Bachelor/Bachelorette works great for this purpose, but I'm sure you can have just as much fun with the Real Housewives or Survivor.  

p.s. I am in denial about the upcoming series finale of House, one of my favorite television shows ever; so the premiere of The Bachelorette could not come at a better time. 

p.p.s. If Hugh Laurie were a contestant on the Bachelorette, that would be even better, albeit uncomfortably weird. 

p.p.p.s. While are you still reading this?  You should be setting your DVR to record The Bachelorette!

p.p.p.p.s. I swear, I will not start blogging about The Bachelorette on a weekly basis.

p.p.p.p.p.s.  I'm done now.