Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pasadena Santa Ana Wind Storm, Part Two

Holy crap, I'm exhausted!  It's only 3 p.m. and I'm ready to crawl into bed and spend the next 18 hours sleeping.  This probably has something to do with the fact that I spent several hours today cleaning up damage from the Santa Ana wind storm that swept through Pasadena last night. 

We had to rake leaves, fish leaves out of the pool, clear away branches, and pick up dozens of roof tiles from the ground.  And after all our work, it still looks like a tornado ravaged the backyard last night.

There's more wind in tonight's forecast (YAY!), so we also relocated chairs, pool toys, the deck box, etc. into our garage.  I'd like to think that tonight will be better.  But in case it's not, I don't want a watering can flying through the bedroom window.

In all, my husband and I feel very lucky.  Our pool filter is clogged and might be broken, and the wind blew tons of tiles off the roof, but we are safe and unhurt. 

The 100 year old trees in our neighborhood were not so lucky.









I feel so sad for the trees.  They are so old and majestic, and they gave our neighborhood so much beauty and character.  I still feel overwhelmed and shocked every time I look out the window and see the trees lying across the street.  Poor trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment