Monday, December 19, 2011

The Christmas Wrap Quilt

 I wrapped Christmas presents yesterday.  Wrapping presents is a special type of torture.  (I believe it's the fifth level of hell in Dante's Inferno). 

In Christmases past, I tried to wrap everything in one sitting.  Bad idea.  Bad effing idea.  After the second present, I sacrificed style for speed.  My presents looked liked they had been wrapped by a thumbless elf.  And, by the time I was done, I felt like I was five minutes away from throwing my back out.  I guess my posture suffers when I'm wrestling with gift wrap and oddly-shaped presents.  

This year, I planned ahead.  I devoted an entire Sunday to wrapping presents.  I gathered all the presents, wrapping paper, and supplies in my living room - and then I walked away.  I wrapped a few presents - and then I walked away.  By bedtime, everything was wrapped and presentable.  (Sorry). 

Only one gift presented any difficulties.  (OMG.  I hate myself).  I knew I was in trouble when the package arrived:


Given the box's length, I was going to have to overlap sheets of gift wrap.  But, I didn't want to use half a roll of gift wrap on a single present.  What to do?


I used the remnants from Christmas 2010's gift wrap and created a Gift Wrap Quilt.  It's festive, in a tragic sort of way.  The silver bow really ties it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment