Monday, October 17, 2011

Obituary for Air Wolf

This is Air Wolf*:


Air Wolf is a remote control helicopter that my husband bought last week.  It's about the size of a miniature pumpkin, and IT ACTUALLY FLIES.  I know it's a remote control helicopter and it's supposed to fly, but I assumed it was just going to make a lot of noise and maybe hover a couple of inches off the ground for a second. 

No, this bad boy flew all around our living room and bedroom.  I crashed him into the ceiling multiple times.  Sometimes, he bounced off the wood floor and then kept flying. Air Wolf was remarkably resilient.  And then he died.

One of his blades stopped spinning.  We tried recharging Air Wolf to no avail.  My husband brought out the tool box and tinkered with the wires, but alas, Air Wolf's flying days seem to be over.

I am lobbying for a new Air Wolf.  It only costs $22, and this time, I swear, I will not crash Air Wolf into the ceiling.  The husband, however, says his heart is broken.  He cannot handle the heartache if Air Wolf II dies as well.  

Goodbye, Air Wolf.  In my heart, you will always soar through the sky.

*I understand there used to be a television show called Air Wolf.  The only thing I know about the show is that it had a helicopter.  Which seems like a good enough reason to name our new toy Air Wolf.

No comments:

Post a Comment