Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth of July!

This is not my first blog.  Before The Cranky Pumpkin, there was Wendy the Cactus. That blog was difficult to maintain because it meant carrying a small cactus around in my purse at all times for photo ops, and I cannot tell you how many times I stabbed myself on a cactus spine when I was grabbing my wallet or keys. But, the blog did give me an excuse to dress up my cactus for the holidays, like this old Fourth of July photo from this post:


Would it be weird if I kept dressing up my cactus, even though I've abandoned Wendy's blog? I have plenty of mainstream hobbies, like cooking, gardening and writing. Maybe I need a more eccentric hobby. I can be the founder of a revolutionary new hobby called Dressing Up Your Cactus! Before you know it, there will be magazines and a cable station dedicated to this activity. 

I hope your Fourth of July is filled with fireworks, good food and eccentric hobbies!