Monday, July 30, 2012

A Bookworm's Prayer

Dear Lord,

Please grant me the strength to resist Fifty Shades of Grey. I know I will hate myself if I read that crap, but the bookstores are pushing it like it's some sort of crack-unicorn dust-elixir. Please keep my eyes away from those debauched pages.

Thank you for all the wonderful books I have recently read, especially The Flight of Gemma Hardy, Ready Player One, and The Age of Miracles. Those books were soooo gooood.  Please bless their authors with riches and another dozen good books.

Please forgive me for my literary sins, especially Twilight.

Please lead me to a series that is as good as Harry Potter. 

Please give me the courage and patience to someday read Ulysses. And if it totally sucks, please turn my copy to ash and sneak a good mystery on to my night stand.

Amen.