Thursday, March 15, 2012

I Had My Last Sip of Caffeine On Friday, March 2

And I feel great!  I first tried quitting caffeine at the beginning of the year.  That attempt did not go so well.  If anything, it just aggravated my addiction.

But on the afternoon of Friday, March 2, 2012, I snapped.  I did not want any more caffeine or soda.  So I quit, cold turkey, knowing I would be dismembered by the wrath of the Caffeine Withdrawal Gods.

But the Caffeine Withdrawal Gods must have been torturing some other poor soul.  I've had a few headaches, but they were all easily dispatched with ibuprofin.  I've also fallen asleep by 9 p.m. a few nights, and that's it.  I thought I was going to be curled up in the fetal position, weeping and cursing the heavens.  Instead, I got some headaches and the sleepies. 

Since my break-up with caffeine and diet soda, I have had some strange cravings.  For example, I've been craving brown rice and tofu.  Brown rice and tofu!  When I go to the grocery store, I just stand and stare at the vegetables.  I want to buy all of the vegetables and eat them at once.  And then, I bought myself a sugar-free, lactose-free ice cream at Wholefoods and it was delicious.

What's happening to me?  I feel like I've been possessed by an organic farmer/yoga instructor/vegan.  I don't want to be a vegan!  If that happens, I'm buying myself a case of Diet Soda and going on a caffeine bender.