Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My Sippy Cup Kicks Your Cup's Ass

This is my sippy cup:


Let the record show that the penguin belongs to me, a married woman in her thirties.  I don't have kids, and I'm not giving it to a small child.  THE SIPPY CUP IS MINE - BACK OFF.

Let me explain.

I always wake up in the middle of the night, desperate for a sip of water.  Ergo, I keep a glass or bottle of water on my bedside table.  But this is a risky move on my part, because I am an incurable spiller. 

On average, I spill a full glass of liquid at least once a week.  If I'm lucky, I spill a glass of water on the kitchen floor at 11 a.m.  If I'm really lucky, I spill a mug of coffee.  On my laptop.  Two days in a row.  (This has actually happened).   

Every month or two, I spill an entire glass of water in the middle of the night.  And it's never just a sip or two of water.  It's always the entire freaking glass, filled to the brim.  If I'm lucky, the water just sloshes all over the floor.  If I'm really lucky, I manage to drench myself and the bed.  I'm like my own personal splash zone at Sea World.

The first time I spilled a glass of water all over the bed when I was 90% asleep, it was kind of amusing.  The second time, it felt nostalgic. But every time thereafter, it has been so unbelievably annoying - why am I so clumsy/stupid/incapable of drinking a cup of water like a normal person?  Hence, the sippy cup.  It's my new bedside companion.  Hopefully it will help my little water spilling problem. But if not, I'm still keeping the cup.  I really like penguins.

No comments:

Post a Comment