Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you have a safe, festive and happy Thanksgiving.  I am baking an exciting pumpkin cheesecake today for my extended family's gathering.  I need 24 ounces of cream cheese for the cheesecake, and there are exactly 24 ounces of cream cheese in the fridge.  If anything goes wrong, I am going to have to return to the Heart of Darkness (aka the grocery store).  In retrospect, I should have bought 48 or maybe even 1000 ounces of cream cheese.   

Also, here's a random Benjamin Franklin fact: did you know that Benjamin Franklin thought our national bird should be the turkey, and not the bald eagle?  If Benjamin Franklin had had his way, would we still be eating turkey on Thanksgiving?  You can't eat the national symbol, right?  So it would have to be something else, like the Thanksgiving meatloaf or the Thanksgiving chicken enchilada.  Or, if we wanted to stick with the large bird genre, I suppose we could eat the Thanksgiving peacock or the Thanksgiving ostrich. 

When I started writing this post, I had no idea I would use the phrase "Thanksgiving ostrich."  It's my brain, but I can't always control it.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment