Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The 2011 Pumpkin Round-Up

Cherished Readers: I have been remiss.  I named this blog The Cranky Pumpkin, but have I blogged about pumpkins this fall?  No, I have not.  I am a terrible person.  You probably think I don't even like pumpkins.  If so, you are right: I don't like pumpkins; I love/adore/and/worship pumpkins!  Pumpkins are by far my favoritest gourd-like squash!  (Everyone needs a favorite gourd-like squash.  What's yours?) 

I try to restrain my love for pumpkins during the spring and summer.  But during the autumn?  I fully embrace my obsession with those beautiful, orange, round-with-a-glorious-hard-outer-shell vegetables! And so, without further ado, I give you The Cranky Pumpkin's 2011 Pumpkin Round-Up:


My pumpkin-boingy novetly headband.  There must be an official name for these headbands - but I have no idea what it is.  But I do know that if you wear this headband to the grocery store, you will make at least 10 adults smile.


Glorious pumpkins and a pumpkin doormat by the front door.  Although Halloween is over (boo), I have issued an Executive Order allowing the doormat to stay until November 7th.


A Jack-O-Lantern pen that lights up.  Sadly, I just packed the pen away with the Halloween decorations.  I would happily use it all year; but a grown woman using a Jack-O-Lantern pen in February just makes everyone uncomfortable.

Pumpkin-scented candle, miniature pumpkins, pumpkin ale and an old-school Jack-O-Lantern bowl/container/thing.  The pumpkin ale is  very tasty.  But, if I'm going to be honest, I bought the ale for the label.  I have a thing for labels, and a thing for pumpkins; so I was powerless when I saw the beer bottles with pumpkin labels.


Pumpkin pancakes.  From a restaurant.  Because although I am actually a pretty good cook, I fail in the Pancake Department.  


Canned pumpkin for some fall baking...


... and a bourbon pumpkin cheesecake!  (Using this wonderful recipe).  This cheesecake is a labor of love, but well worth the time and effort.  It will be making an appearance at my family's Thanksgiving gathering.  (And it made an appearance in my stomach, three nights in a row.)


And that concludes The Cranky Pumpkin's 2011 Pumpkin Round-Up.  Whew, I'm exhausted, and I didn't even show you my pumpkin necklace... or my pumpkin t-shirt... or my rubber pumpkin stamp for crafting... (is there a 12 step program for pumpkin addiction?  Because apparently I have a serious problem).

No comments:

Post a Comment