Thursday, November 17, 2011

Confession: I Am Such A Mark.

I went to WholeFoods yesterday to buy my lunch and only my lunch.  But in order to reach the salad bar, I had to actually enter the store.  And in order to enter the store, I had to walk past a display of miniature pumpkins on sticks, arranged like a bouquet.


I was powerless.  Seriously, folks, how could I resist?  It's a freaking bouquet of pumpkins!


As I stood in line with my salad and pumpkin bouquet, I realized I did not know how much the pumpkins cost.  There was no price tag on the clear plastic wrapper.  Mark that I am, I had grabbed the bouquet without confirming its price.  As I waited for my turn, I tried to decide the most I was willing to pay for the miniature pumpkins.  $10?  $20?  My eternal soul?

Fortunately, these little darlings only cost $7.99.  I don't know what I would have done if the cashier had told me the price was "Your Eternal Soul, plus tax." 

No comments:

Post a Comment