Thursday, February 2, 2012

Forget Groundhog Day. I'm Celebrating Meerkat Day.

Today is Groundhog Day.  I have no idea what I'm supposed to say.  Happy Groundhog Day?  Feliz Groundhog?  Mazel tov?

Groundhog Day would be a 1000% more exciting if we replaced the groundhog with a meerkat.  Have I mentioned how much I love meerkats?  Let's just say I have a "daily meerkat" calendar on my fridge and it fills my soul with joy and delight.

Animal Planet has a series called Meerkat Manor that I highly recommend.  The meerkats of Meerkat Manor are the Kardashians of the animal world.  They fight, play, scheme, and snuggle.  And they all have different roles, from leader to outcast and babysitter to warrior.  

The meerkats should have an action toy series, a line of clothing at Sears and a signature perfume.  There should also be a Meerkat Day.

Instead, we have stupid, lame, boring Groundhog Day.  When the groundhog emerges from its burrow, I hope a hawk swoops down and kills it.