Thursday, January 12, 2012

Oops, I Bought It Again

Have you ever been at the store, and you see something, like Ziploc bags, and you think, "Oh, we need more Ziploc bags, I better stock up."  So you buy three boxes of Ziploc bags, and when you get home, you discover there are already four boxes of Ziploc bags in the cupboard. 

Then, three weeks later, you are the store and again, you spot the Ziploc bags.  You think, "Oh, we need more Ziploc bags, I better stock up."  So you buy four more boxes of Ziploc bags, and now, as far as plastic baggies are concerned, you are set until the end of time.

This happens to me at least two or three times a year.  Last summer, it was sunblock.  If you looked in our bathroom cabinet, you would assume we are preparing for a three-year sojourn to the equator. 

Recently, it's been cough drops.  I can't stop buying cough drops.  I'm like Pavlov's dog - when I see a display of cough drops, I feel compelled to buy a few bags.  Nathan and I could have whooping cough for the rest of 2012, and we will only begin to make a dent in our cough drop supply.

Who needs sunblock?