Monday, September 12, 2011

This Doesn't Look Good

I went to Subway to pick up a sandwich for lunch.  I go to Subway because it's (a) diet-friendly and (b) fast. 

I was less than happy when I looked up from my iPhone and saw this:


The bitch young lady standing ahead of me in line was holding FIVE bags of chips.  I knew what that meant: she was ruining my plan to just run into Subway for a quick lunch.

I thought about bailing, going back to my car, and driving to another Subway.  But Subway's success is built on speed. It's McDonald's best competition: you can get a Six Inch Cold Cut Combo on Wheat in the same time it takes you to get a Big Mac and fries, and it's a lot healthier for you (unless you pile on bacon, mayo and extra cheese).   I told myself to breathe and be patient. 

This was a critical error.  Ladies and gentlemen, I have found the Slowest Subway in Los Angeles County.  When I saw the armloads of chips, I should have gone back to my car and driven to a different Subway.  No, I should have gone back to my car, driven home, opened my own Subway franchise, and then ordered a sandwich.  That would have been faster.  Oh well, lesson learned (although I'm not 100% certain what that lesson actually is).

No comments:

Post a Comment