Friday, October 26, 2012

Dress-Up For Grown-Ups

Did you ever play dress-up as a kid? My brother and I had a dress-up box with old Halloween costumes and cast-offs from our parents. The best things in the box were (1) one of Dad's old suits, (2) a few of Mom's old hippie skirts, and (3) the plastic red clown shoes. Matt and I spent many happy hours digging through the dress-up box.

As fun as playing dress-up is, most adults do not have dress-up boxes. At least, not in the traditional sense. But, if you enjoyed playing dress-up as a kid, a walk through a department store can yield many laughs.

I usually have the best luck in the hat department. Last week, I found this pink animal print scarf hood thing. Fantastic. It does wonders for my cheek bones.


This time of year, many department stores have coat sections. Call me a four-year-old, but I could not resist trying this Cruella De Vil number:


Obviously I bought both the pink hat-scarf-thingee and the coat. They should be very practical for winter in Southern California.