Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Things I Love About Summer

Holy crap, it's August 1st! How did that happen? I don't remember giving Summer permission to fly by so quickly.

While we still have plenty of summer sunshine to enjoy, I thought I'd take stock of a few of the things I adore about this season:
  • Swimming outside (indoor pools make me dizzy, sigh) 
  • Delicious grilled meats
  • THE OLYMPICS!!!
  • Movies and popcorn (and Red Vines, and Whoopers, and Sour Patch Kids, and M&Ms...)
  • Going outside with wet hair without fear of catching pneumonia
  • The extra daylight hours (although I do feel a little guilty when it's 8 p.m. and we're watching t.v.)
  • Early morning walks, before the heat arrives
  • Watermelon! Peaches! Plums! Oh my!
  • Dining al fresco
  • Ice cream! Gelato! Frozen yogurt! Oh my!
  • And because I can also be healthy: Zucchini! Corn! Tomatoes! Oh my!