Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Public Service Announcement: Pineapple Pie Is Weird And Gross

When we were recently ordering dinner at Philippe's before a Galaxy game, Nathan and I spotted a slice of pie with an electric yellow filling. Our server told us it was pineapple pie, so of course we ordered a slice.


If you are ever given a choice between a slice of pineapple pie and any other type of pie, you should choose the other pie. God did not intend pineapples to be baked inside a pie. Philippe's makes some damn good pie, but this crap tasted like the worst airplane food I've ever eaten. I think someone baked it as a joke just to see how many slices they could sell to idiot customers. It tasted like rancid jello with a swirl of vomit and just a flutter of lemon.


As a service to my readers, I ate off the crust so that you could see the unnatural glow of the pineapple filling. It looks like something you'd find at a nuclear waste site.

p.s. The crust was delicious.