Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Behold! The Claw!

I would like to introduce you to my dear friend, The Claw:


The Claw is my wrist brace support thingee. Actually, I have two wrist braces, but I'm too lazy to give separate names to the left and right braces. Besides, what name could top "The Claw"? (Answer: none).

I've had weak wrists since law school. No, I don't have carpal tunnel syndrome. Yes, my doctor has examined and x-rayed my wrists. I just have lazy weak ass wrists. If I do too much knitting or writing, my wrists go on strike, and I have to bust out The Claw.

Fortunately, my wrists take turns. I have never had to walk around with double wrist braces.

Unfortunately, to let my wrists recover, I have to avoid activities that involve my wrists too much.  Activities like blogging.

Please excuse my blogging silence as I coddle my wrist.

p.s. It should be noted that thanks to my weak ass wrists, I cannot do a downward dog to save my life. Want to drive a yoga teacher crazy? Tell them your wrists are too weak for downward dog. They will spend the entire class trying to solve your body's limitations.

p.p.s. The Claw says hello.