Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Seed Bomb Misadventures

This, my friends, is a seed bomb:


I bought it last spring at Wholefoods. You are supposed to throw it at a barren wasteland that needs some flowers and then - BOOM! - the barren wasteland is transformed into the Garden of Eden. 

After careful deliberation, I threw several seed bombs at this sad patch of dirt:


I could not wait to marvel at the transformation. Flowers would tumble everywhere! Garden fairies would sing as you drove by! Crime and divorce rates would plummet, and no one would ever feel lonely again.

After I distributed my seed bombs, this is what happened:


What? You can't see the flowers? Oh, yeah, that's because there are no flowers. Nothing grew. Not one freaking scraggly flower. I didn't even bother to take a new photo to demonstrate the Before/After transformation because there was no lousy transformation

I guess some ugly patches of dirt just want to be ugly patches of dirt.