Tuesday, August 30, 2011

WTF: Stockings at the Gym

I saw the most appalling thing at my gym this morning: a woman, exercising on an elliptical machine, wearing neon orange shorts, a matching striped cardigan, a visor and stockings.  There are two serious issues with this outfit.  I will begin by addressing the lesser offense.

Offense No. 1: The visor.  My gym is underground.  There are no windows.  In other words, it is never sunny in my gym.  Let me tell you what a visor looks like in an underground gym: stupid.  It doesn’t look cool or hip or even whimsical.  It just looks stupid. 

Offense No. 2: The stockings/pantyhose.  WHO WEARS STOCKINGS TO THE GYM???  If you do not like the way your legs look, there is this amazing invention called PANTS that you can wear.  But shorts and stockings?  That does not enhance your performance on the elliptical machine.  It just makes me an extra cranky pumpkin.    

No comments:

Post a Comment