Thursday, August 25, 2011

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things: The Maui Edition

I recently went to Maui for my honeymoon.  It was amazing, and my husband and I are already talking about our next trip to Hawaii.  These are some of the things I love about Maui:


1.  Walking barefoot on wet sand.


2.  The Maui coastline - every beach has its own character.


3.  Driving the Road to Hana, Maui's most famous scenic drive.  It's a harrowing drive (windy, narrow roads with one lane bridges) but it's breathtakingly beautiful.  Think panoramic ocean views, waterfalls and lush vegetation.


4.  Vegan ice cream made from coconut milk.  Scientists recently established that ice cream tastes better if it's served in a coconut shell.


5.  Black sand beaches. 


6.  Waterfalls.  Enough said.


6.  After you drive to Hana, there are two ways to go home: (1) backtracking on the road you just traveled, or (2) taking the "back roads" that are considered a little more "adventurous."  We took the back roads.  They were terrifying but then we got to drive through a completely different countryside.  The tropical rainforest was replaced with a barren but beautiful landscape.  


7.  Tropical drinks!  Oh, I would kill for a mai tai right now (excuse me...)


8.  Fresh, tasty seafood.  We ate as much fish as possible during our honeymoon.  Before Maui, I never understood the appeal of fish tacos.  Now I do.


9.  The Serenity Pool at the Four Seasons is an adults only infinity pool that overlooks the Pacific Ocean and Wailea Beach.  We spent at least three days camped out at this pool. 


10.  A blended mai tai served in a real pineapple.  Did I order the drink simply because it was served in a pineapple?  Absolutely!


No comments:

Post a Comment