Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Nail Polish Idiot

Confession: I have a bad habit of buying a brand new nail polish in an exciting fun color ... and then buying the exact same color, one month later, because I'm an idiot and forgot that the color in question is already in my possession.

Exhibit A:


The nail polish on the left is called "Read My Palm." The nail polish on the right is call "Read My Palm." Funny how they have the same name. OH WAIT THAT'S BECAUSE THEY ARE THE EXACT SAME SHADE OF MERMAID GREEN. Yes, green is my favorite color, but why oh why did I need to buy a lifetime supply of this particular shade?? (A: Because I'm an idiot).

Exhibit B:


To my credit, at least these polishes are from different brands. But it doesn't matter what you call these polishes because they are the exact same color.

This is my newest bottle of nail polish:


I'm not certain what to call this cheerful shade of blue, so let's just call it Cheerful Blue. So far, I only have one bottle of Cheerful Blue in my nail polish collection. But I assure you, by the end of the month, I will accidentally purchase a second bottle of Cheerful Blue - and I'll be convinced that I'm adding a new color to my nail polish collection. When I get home and "discover" that I already own Cheerful Blue, I will howl with frustration. (Actually, I'll probably just stamp my foot and say Sh**).

I suppose I could carry around a photograph of my nail polish collection to consult when I'm considering a new purchase. But that would be way too much work.