Thursday, September 6, 2012

Autumn Nerd

I don't like to play favorites, but autumn is my favorite season. As much as I'll miss swimming in the pool and spending tons of times outdoors, my heart is already longing for falling leaves and pumpkins. It does not help that fall-themed magazines and catalogues are arriving in my mailbox.

Last week, I had a nightmare that it was 5 p.m. on Halloween and I had forgotten to buy candy and put out our decorations. I was at a drugstore that did not have any candy for sale. The horror! The horror! In my dream, I was calculating whether I had time to go to the grocery store or if I should just give away random dry goods to the trick-or-treaters. Either way, it was too late to put out the decorations.

Don't worry: there's no way I'll let my nightmare become a reality. The front yard will be decorated with tombstones and ghosts as soon as good taste allows (and probably a few days earlier). As for candy, I will buy 400x more than we actually need... and Nathan will still get distressed when I give away the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.