Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My Grandma Is Cooler Than Your Grandma

Last week, I received the following email from my sister Katherine:


I called grandma to see if she wanted to do something this weekend. She has to call me back because she isn't sure if she has time. Grandma’s social life is more intense than mine. I repeat. Grandma has more plans on a weekend than me. Either I'm lame, or she's f***ing awesome.

My sister is a 24 year old who lives in Manhattan. My Grandma Shirley is just a wee bit older, lives in Queens, and is about two months shy of becoming a great-grandmother. Needless to say, this is one of the best emails I've ever received.

p.s. I don't even want to know how my raging social life compares to Grandma Shirley's. 

p.p.s. By "raging social life," I mean I spent New Year's Eve at home with Nathan and made pot roast. We watched t.v. until I passed out around 8:30 p.m. Not even pregnancy can excuse the depths of my lameness.