Friday, January 11, 2013

January Happy List

Although the holidays are over and the Christmas lights are gone, lots of things are making me happy this month:

  • My new black glitter Toms: with the exception of my hiking boots and flip-flops, my feet no longer fit into my old shoes. On the bright side, this gave me an excuse to buy these Toms and they make me smile every day.
  • My Moop market bag: I bought this thinking it could be a good diaper bag alternative, but I'm already using it as my purse. We're in love.
  • Vanilla milkshakes: have I mentioned this obsession?
  • Sweet baby kicks in my tummy: it doesn't matter if it's at 4 p.m. or 4 a.m. or if they are gentle or sharp, I love each nudge.
  • My new Five Year Journal: I just started year three of my perpetual journal, and I love it! This little book is a fun twist on the perpetual journal experience. It asks a different quirky question for every day of the year. I now use both journals every day. (Whether I can continue this practice after Baby Girl arrives remains to be seen.)
  • My new internal thermostat: It's January, so I should be shivering and begging Nathan to turn up the thermostat. But Baby Girl keeps me plenty warm and now Nathan is the one to turn the heat on (although he pretends he's doing it for me!)
  • Fuzzy Socks: except no matter how warm I am, my feet still get cold.
  • Downton Abbey: welcome back, old friend! Santa brought me the BBC version for Christmas, which includes deleted scenes that were cut due to time-constraints for PBS. I'm rewatching Seasons One and Two this month in tandem with Season Three. My cup runneth over!
  • My daily walk: or maybe I should call it my daily waddle.
  • Prenatal yoga: the instructor at my studio is also a duela, and she offers lots of great wisdom as we work on the poses. Very relaxing, and it makes my body feel sooooo goooood.
  • Mario Kart Wii: I will play this game until the day I die.
  • Plants vs. Zombies: Ditto.
  • Baby clothes: I'm trying to not buy too many onesies, but it's hard to control myself.
  • Getting the house ready for Baby Girl: I do this in small bits so I don't wear myself out. Hopefully I will never wake up at 3 a.m. and beg Nathan to set up the crib immediately. But I've already apologized to him in case that sort of nesting insanity happens.
  • Anything with polka dots or stripes: Thank you, Old Navy, for making comfy but cute maternity clothes.
  • My Old Navy maternity leggings: ditto.