Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Little Serenity

I realize that some of my pregnancy posts might seem bleak. I don't mean to be bleak! Physically, this pregnancy has fallen on the tough side of the spectrum. But mentally and emotionally, I'm doing great. I feel calm, serene and happy. I don't know if it's the pregnancy hormones or all the vanilla milkshakes I'm drinking, but I feel very content and peaceful.

I probably don't say this enough, but I am very excited for Baby Girl's arrival. I am thrilled that she is healthy and thriving. I have some discomforts and dietary restrictions, but they feel like good learning experiences. This pregnancy has made me a better woman.

Alas, it's not very exciting to write about contentment and peace. When I sit down at my laptop, it's much more interesting to write about puke and building pillow forts for my back. That's the sort of writer I am, and there are not enough vanilla milkshakes in the world to sand away my edges.

When I complain about yakking or not being able to tie my shoes, that's just me indulging my darker sense of humor. I'm not swimming in despair. On the contrary, I am glowing with joy. Even when I'm tired and sick to the stomach, I mainly feel positive and blessed.  

Okay, that's enough sappiness from me. Excuse me, I need to go find something to be cranky about.