Friday, February 6, 2015

Well Shit Howdy

This poor blog of mine has been warming the bench for way too long. Poor, Cranky Pumpkin, my neglected and abused step-child.

I am typing this with a toddler's sweaty head smashed against my chest. Pippa still naps in the Ergo! She is twenty-two months old! And I love it!  Back when she was an itty bitty baby, I prayed for the day that she would nap in her crib. It seemed so important. Everyone else's baby slept in the crib, so that must mean I was doing something wrong.

Now that I have a toddler, I have finally accepted the truth: babies are weird. They all do things their own way, at their own pace. So what if Pippa prefers napping in the Ergo or car seat? Does anyone really think she is going to call me in 2033 and tell me she needs a nap, so I need to bust out the Ergo and hop on a plane and meet her at the quad after her Advanced Physics-Comp Lit Seminar?

(And if she does, holy shit, I will do a cartwheel and get right on that plane because she will always be my baby, even in 2033.)

Non-baby stuff: I'm taking guitar lessons, learning Spanish on Rosetta Stone (hola), and obsessed with Serial. I'm midway through Episode 9, and I cannot wait to be done so I can get on the internet and read what has been written about this podcast, but I also dread that moment because then what the fuck am I going to do? I enjoy other podcasts, but Serial is the best!!!

I'm not going to proofread this. I think the secret to more blogging is less proofing.